Moist & Fluffy Gluten-Free Quinoa Flour Pancakes
New Years Resolution: EAT MORE PANCAKES!
And with this recipe it will be yours too. These Gluten-Free quinoa flour pancakes are moist & fluffy and unbelievably filling with approx 10 grams of protein per pancake! Pancakes have never been so healthy!
In all seriousness I never make New Year’s resolutions. I just don’t believe in them. I have never understood why we need a new year to start a healthy habit, break a bad habit or set goals for ourselves. Most people set such lofty resolutions they are doomed to fail before they even begin. It’s nonsense I tell you.
But, after pulling together a few recipes I found for gluten-free pancakes online, I seriously do resolve to eat more pancakes in 2017! If we’re being honest I’m much more of a waffle girl…. (shhhh don’t tell the cakes). But I gave up hope I’d ever eat good waffles or pancakes again after being diagnosed with celiac disease and I haven’t owned a waffle iron in years.
Don’t get me wrong I’ve tried a few Gluten-Free recipes and some Paleo ones back when I was adhering to a Paleo diet. But they never came close to what a good pancake should be and when you hail from the lands of Waffle Houses and IHOP’s proper cakes are essential.
The key to why these pancakes are moist is the greek yogurt, yep greek yogurt. That combined with the protein rich quinoa flour is how these puppies pack so much protein. It’s also why neither myself or my boyfriend could manage to finish eating three of them. They are just that damn filling.
If you’re questioning the flavor of quinoa flour, I get it, I did too. Quinoa naturally has a nutty flavor and so does the flour. So, while these pancakes may have a slight nutty taste it’s offset and even complimented by vanilla and cinnamon. I promise you though, these will not taste like quinoa. They will taste like awesome.
And I dare you to eat more pancakes in 2017! Unless you made some other non-pancake related New Years’ Resolution, leave me a comment and let me know what it is.
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 oz greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl
- In small bowl combine all wet ingredients (egg to milk)
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients, being sure to mix together while adding. Batter should be thick but not dry. Let sit while pan warms.
- Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray or add a small amount of butter to do the same over low to medium heat
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan, you may have to use a spoon to spread out the batter since it will be thick.
- Once the batter begins to bubble, approx. 2-3 minutes, it's time to flip! Cook the other side for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve warm with syrup, fruit topping or honey and enjoy!
- I love to warm natural fruit preserves, squeeze in lime juice and lime zest to it and top the pancakes. Blueberry is my go to.