Quick & Easy Mug Omelette for Lazy Mornings
We all have those days, the ones where you lie in bed wondering how long you can stay there before you absolutely must get up. Wondering how long you can survive before your stomach will begin eating itself. The mornings when you really “just can’t even.” Working nights there are so many days when being awake feels like the hardest thing you’ll do all day. I get it. I’m right there with you. That’s why I’m living for this Quick & Easy Mug Omelette
For the past few days, I’ve had one of these babies every morning for breakfast. It takes 5 minutes from opening the fridge to pulling the mug from the microwave to make this fluffy delicious mug omelette.Which is great because that’s about all the effort I can muster some mornings.
The only items you need are a microwave, a mug, 2-3 eggs and whatever fillings you have available to toss in. Oh and a fork. I’ve been using a bit of spinach, red pepper, onion, shredded mozzarella and chicken sausage in mine. Then, of course, topping it off with salsa.
What’s that? Your fridge is bare and you don’t have anything to add in? No sweat. This is still a quick and easy way to make fluffy eggs that won’t require turning on the stove or dirtying more than one dish. I call that a win.
Best of all when you are having one of those really lazy mornings – the kind that consists of binging on Netflix for hours before you’re human enough to do anything else – breakfast is served in a piping hot mug that you can cozy up with on the couch.
- 2-3 eggs
- Veggies of your choice (spinach, onion, mushroom, bell pepper)
- Pre-cooked meat of your choice (chicken sausage, bacon)
- Shredded Cheese
- Toppings (salsa, avocado)
- Lightly grease inside of mug with olive oil or pam
- Break eggs inside cup and beat with whisk or fork
- Drop in fillings and mix together
- Put in microwave for 2 minutes
- Top with Salsa or Avocado and Enjoy!
- Cook time may vary depending on your microwave and how many eggs you use.